IG meteo problems

photo

Hello I'm testing out the new IG:Meteo tool in 2.15 and it seems like the saving and loading function doesn't work in editor.

When I set up several polygonal regions with cloud and precipitation layers everything works well and I can get some nice results. Saving it to .igmeteo file also works. But then, when I restart editor and try to load the .igmeteo file, there are many issues.

1. some layers won't load up. Cloud or precipitation layer just disappears.
  2. some regions get renamed, for example, from region_3 to region_768. That makes it loose all its region and layer data
  3. the regions that get properly loaded are not bound to the area I defined until I edit the region and move a point. Then it snaps to the defined area and works correctly.
  4. this one is a general IG:Meteo behaviour not related to loading: The environment haze in settings gets overriden by IG. I would like to be able to edit haze settings in editor, maybe it could be part of the meteo UI. The default settings make the sky look grey.

Unfortunatelly, these issues make the IG:Meteo unusable for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I tried it on several new projects and these problems are on all of them. I attached my .igmeteo files if you want to test it.

meteo_custom_preset_test.igmeteo meteo_preset_test.igmeteo

Hello Tomas,

Thank you for your feedback, we successfully reproduced bugs you mentioned and we'll fix them in future SDK updates. 

Regarding this item:

this one is a general IG:Meteo behaviour not related to loading: The environment haze in settings gets overriden by IG. I would like to be able to edit haze settings in editor, maybe it could be part of the meteo UI. The default settings make the sky look grey.

IG indeed overrides control over most of haze settings, we have set up rules for generic purposes, but you can adjust settings dependency to visibility distance by editing .track file located in "%PROJECT%/ig_data/weather/tracks/visibility.track"

Thanks