Exporting Material ID Map for Post Production in Photoshop

photo

Hi, 

Im currently working on an Archviz project, using Unigine to create both an flythrough animation and static renderings. Is it possible to export a material ID map for static renderings for easy photoshop selection of materials for post production in Photoshop?

Many thanks, 

Ben

Hi Silent, 

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, that's correct - I need to mask each material in frame with a specific solid colour, do you know anyway I can achieve this?

How do you currently export frames for video?

If you are using Video Grabber from inside the Editor (grabbing .track file with camera movement) you can in theory assign manually for each material an unique color to the Auxiliary color buffer and do a second render, but with debug_auxiliary material assigned to Composite slot in Windows -> Settings -> Screen Space Materials:
image.png

This is screenshot from 2.15, but in 2.14 you should see very similar settings. As you can see in frame_1.png colors from Auxiliary buffer are being used.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thanks for providing a solution - I am using the video grabber tool so the above method should work for me. Of course a quick out of the box material ID export from the video grabber would be a great addition for archviz purposes in a future release! 

Many thanks, 

Ben

Yeah, that would be nice if we would have some kind of Material ID buffer inside the engine. Currently we don't have any, so it would be a problematic to export it :)

We will keep this request in mind for the future releases (maybe someday we will add some kind of Material ID buffer).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: