Generating a lot of nodes

photo

Hello, I'd like to inquire about the management of node in the world.

I want to generate a large number of nodes, but when the number is large, the whole program starts to get stuck. About 50000 nodes.

I know meshCluster ,the same types can be collected. But what are the reasons for saving performance? Is it kicking a lot of data out of the world structure?

It depends on what is the bottleneck in your application 50.000 nodes is already a decent amount of objects you have in your world. If it is your GPU the limitation factor (making a lot of draw calls [DIPs]), then you need to focus on optimizing the rendering part. MeshCluster and MeshClutter is always a good idea to use, when rendering a large amount of objects that have the same appearance and the same material. Instancing is the keyword here. So basically you draw a lot of meshes in one draw call.

If CPU is the limiting factor there might be various reasons. For the engine part it can be updating the spatial tree (but it was already optimized in 2.11 [see here for more infos, morbid gave a short explenation about it]), physics, preparing the rendering part for your GPU or even your code.

So without any information it is hard to tell. Maybe showing some more profiler info or using the Microprofile to get you a hint on what is the entry point for optimizations.