Vibration problem of mesh clutter

photo

Hello!

@dongju.jeongAs I can see on attached video "ObjectGrass" are shakes too. Does both of this object use same mask? Could you please share some information about mask sources from Landscape Tool parameters tab? In the same way as in the image below.

I also want you to ask attach ".landscape" proejct file to the message, since we need more information about project to make some guesses.

Thanks!

image.png

Problem is in fact not entirely precision (well it may be as for jitter effect in the end) but also relies in the fact that the tools, (landscape tool or Sandworm) do not tile (or grid) input data hence output all clutters, clusters grass etc as ONE big object covering all input masks... I thought these tools would handle that tiling to keep outuput clutters/grass under the 10km*10km limit for single precision objects, but they don't, so for large real world area there's a problem, as we need to generate landcovers from data and not place grid clutters, grass etc patches 'by hand", nor multiply artificiality input mask data (grid of masks doesn't make sense). Other problem is that when you multiply (grid, tile whatsoever)  clutters, clusters, grass it induce lot's of lags, freeze na d not appearing objects in my experience....

so my guess is if pipeline remains equal (one big landcover mask generates one big clutter, cluster) it should be output with double precision (I guess it might not be that simple :))

@dongju.jeong indeed this is happens because of lack of precision, but could you make sure that you are running Editor with double coordinates setup?

You can check this by opening the task manager on "Details" tab and find application there:

image.png

even if you're using double version of the engine, these objects are float, imho those should be double precision when using double version of the engine (ENG and SIM) and output large areas with buildtin tools (sandworm or landscape) , not float.

I guess this is kind of a feature request, very much needed.

dongju.jeong

We can't reproduce the same behavior even with 370x370km clutter (the same that you have) in double builds, so it's currently hard to tell what's going on:

As you can see there is no issues with clutter / grass shaking.

If you can reproduce it on a new empty project - that would be even great. We need to check the numbers you have in coordinates.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: