Issues building "csharp_third_person_platformer"

photo

Hi, new to Unigine and c# also... i was trying to build the sample project and i'm getting this:

MonoDevelop Build Tool
Building csharp_third_person_platformer (Debug)
   /usr/share/dotnet/sdk/6.0.100/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.ImportWorkloads.props(14,38): error MSB4236: The SDK 'Microsoft.NET.SDK.WorkloadAutoImportPropsLocator' specified could not be found.
/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/6.0.100/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.Sdk.ImportWorkloads.props(14,38) : error MSB4236: The SDK 'Microsoft.NET.SDK.WorkloadAutoImportPropsLocator' specified could not be found.

I'm using Linux (Ubuntu).

Any ideas of what can be happening? I have installed dot net SDK/runtimes 5 and 6.

Thanks!

Hi, hmmm ok.

I removed the SDK 6 and still having some issues with SDK 5 (version 5.0.403):

/usr/share/dotnet/sdk/5.0.403/Sdks/Microsoft.NET.Sdk/targets/Microsoft.NET.TargetFrameworkInference.targets(5,5): Error MSB4186: Invalid static method invocation syntax: "[MSBuild]::GetTargetFrameworkIdentifier('$(TargetFramework)')". Method '[MSBuild]::GetTargetFrameworkIdentifier' not found. Static method invocation should be of the form: $([FullTypeName]::Method()), e.g. $([System.IO.Path]::Combine(`a`, `b`)). Check that all parameters are defined, are of the correct type, and are specified in the right order. (MSB4186) (csharp_third_person_platformer)

Should I use any specific SDK 5.0.x version?

Also, I'm using MonoDevelop, and seems that I can't have autocompletion... can you point me to some of your docs showing the basics to setup MonoDevelop for use with Unigine?

Thanks!

Hi Carlos,

What is your current MonoDevelop version? I found similar issues related to the MonoDevelop and it's interaction with .NET 5.0: https://githubmemory.com/repo/dotdevelop/dotdevelop/issues/40

We do recommend to stick with Visual Studio Code under Linux (at least it should have no issues with MSBuild) until Mono will be fully functional.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: