Clouds dynamic coverage area, weather fields not working any more

photo

After importing the project from 2.14 the clouds looked fine.

Changing the value of the dynamic coverage area in the settings for the clouds, made, that the fields dont work any more.

And they dont come back to life. No matter what I do.

Has there been some changes in the materials or so, or setting?

Actually I cannot get any weather field to work.....

thx.

Edited by werner.poetzelberger
  • werner.poetzelberger changed the title to Clouds dynamic coverage area, weather fields not working any more

Hello!

Werner, we tried to reproduce your problem on our side, but unfortunately the FieldWeather object works fine with any Dynamic Coverage Area value we have set.

Could you guide us how to broke it from scratch? It's feels like there some others settings might was changed in your project due to which this problem appears.

Thanks!

изображение.png

Hey.

We are working in the 'old way'. Editor Viewport, Engine Viewport.

Changing the dynamic coverage value in the Engine Viewport, sets basiacally disables the influences of the coverage area.

Switching to the Editor Viewport and back to the Engine Vieport.

Adjusting the slider to a certain low value (dynamic Caverage Area) does work, but going under that value, it causes this effect.

Something with the camera? Inside volume?

See the video.

Cheers.

Werner, thanks for shared video we're are got the reproduction on our side since you are mention that the issue happens on UnigineScript based project.

Bad news it's on engine side and there is no workaround at the moment. But as far as I understand, this problem can be avoided if you do not move the slider to the edge positions. Moreover, the object starts to appear again if you move the camera in the editor.

I have added this to our internal bug tracker and we will try to fix it in the following 2.15 release.

Thanks!

cheers.
Yes. Happy we found it, and it works as expected. Cool.
Btw. I love the cloud system. they look fantastic and do work well!

Supercool.
Thanks
Werner

• Like 1