Decal mesh hole not working with ObjectTerrainGlobal

photo

Hi,

Still in 2.13 (but moving very soon to 2.15), we do have an issue trying to get a hole in the terrain with a mesh decal..

It does appear properly in edition, with nice result.
But as soon as you save -> hole simply ignored.
World reload doesn't fix the issue.

Would you be able to reproduce?
Would you see it solved in 2.14 and 2.15?

Kind regards,
Charles

Hello!

Charles, I've just tested the DecalMesh with ObjectTerrainGlobal on 2.13.0.1 and it's works as expected, both in the editor and after saving in the application too. See image attached.

Most likely the issue is related to something else, looks like the editor can't write the changes for some reason.

Maybe there are some errors in the console? Could you share editors .log file with us?

Thanks!

DecalMesh.png

Hi,

I guess I found the issue.. well, I can reproduce it systematically.
If you create directly in the world your hole mesh, then it is working fine.
What generate the issue -> a node reference.
Typically this is what we have to import an asset building hospital, with extra meshes for outside park.
So, in order to fit it properly in the terrain, with a border mesh lerp, I tried to add here the hole mesh.. working fine in edition, but disappearing on save.

Can you reproduce as well?
A way to fix it for 2.14 2.15?

Kind regards,
Charles

Hi,

Don't really understand..
If you have a world with a terrain, simply add node reference and editing it, add there the hole mesh.. 
In edition you'll see the hole, but saving (applying the ref node), it will disappear.
Editing again the node ref won't make it back working, you'll see the decal mesh node.. but if won't make a hole in terrain anymore.

Kind regards,
Charles

Oh, now I get it. But this behavior is the same across multiple SDK versions (2.13, 2.14 and 2.15). It's not possible to use DecalMesh inside NodeReference to cut the terrain holes.

We will check if this feature can be implemented in the future versions (not in 2.15, I'm afraid).

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: