Suggestion: Manipulator on screen

photo

Hello,

Sometimes, I have to manipulate a very large object, or a very distant one, and the manipulator is way out of the frustum. Example: rotating the "sun" while looking at its effect on some building. Or moving a building on ground while looking precisely at some of its corner, to match a ground mark.

In these case, the only way I found is to create a new viewport, "F"ocus on the object to view the manipulator, do the manipulation here while looking at the other viewport (cumbersome), and close the now-unnecessary editor.

I suggest to add an (optional) proxy manipulator on the left of the existing Helper ViewCube. It would mirror the actual manipulator and act as a proxy, forwarding all mouse action to the real one, so we could move, rotate, scale with it.

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Amerio.Stephane said:

I suggest to add an (optional) proxy manipulator on the left of the existing Helper ViewCube. It would mirror the actual manipulator and act as a proxy, forwarding all mouse action to the real one, so we could move, rotate, scale with it.

Hello!

Stephane, got your point. I will add this as feature request on our internal tracker. I can't promise that the functionality will appear soon, but at least it will be reviewed by our R&D department.

Thanks!