Shadow in planar reflection

photo

There seems to be a hard shadow in the planar reflection, where there is a soft one on the model.

Can I come over that?

This is a shadow from a sun light. The other light types seem to do better.

image.thumb.png.f0baccdd7aee3d483f83bfbd7617355e.png

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

Hello, Werner!

I do my own test and I can say that there is no option that allows you to configure the shadows behavior in such a case. I also connected with our technical artist who has confirm that. Such a possibility sounds as feature request now, which is not in our to do lists at the moment.

Can I clarify how critical it is for you now?

Thanks!

image_2021_10_01T08_42_17_833Z.png

Hey.

in aesthetic terms, as it reveals technical artifacts, its critical.
If there is a possibility to repair that (even here on our side, by changeing a shader or so) would be more than welcome.

We have to finish a project within 2 weeks. (First time using planar reflection).

If not we will find a way to work around it in a different way.

Best. Werner

26 minutes ago, werner.poetzelberger said:

Hey.

If there is a possibility to repair that (even here on our side, by changeing a shader or so) would be more than welcome.

We have to finish a project within 2 weeks. (First time using planar reflection).

Best. Werner

I will addressing the issue to our developers and if there is no quick solution with the ability to fix the shader or something like that on your side, I will give you know back ASAP so you have time to use something else instead.

Thanks!

Hi,

May I ask how you made the iridescent shading of the snake skin? Looks beautiful!

Aside from its beauty, shouldn't the reflection show the greenish part on the lower body instead of the upper body? (as if the reflection was a real physical body) (not sure about this, just thinking, anyway the art is great!)

On 10/1/2021 at 6:13 PM, werner.poetzelberger said:

Hey.

Best. Werner

Hello!

Werner, there is kind of solution, you can try to use edited /core/shaders/common/light/world.h shader (in attachment) which is turning off filtering in reflections for a world light and throws penumbra into

Let me know if this solution suits you or not.

Thanks!

image_2021_10_01T17_59_41_995Z.pngh

world.h

• Like 1

hey.

i think that does the deed!

Looks very good.

Is there any back-draw with that method?

Super, thanks a lot, saved the day(light) :)

b.w.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, werner.poetzelberger said:

Is there any back-draw with that method?

Perhaps a slightly loss of performance, which is unlikely to be noticeable for a small scene. Actually nothing to worry about.

You're welcome!

• Thanks 1

@Amerio.Stephane

The iridescence is a custom shader we are working on, combining various techniques.
We are trying difference approaches for the iridescence behavior and for the material.

In the end it is not about a 100% physical correct representation, but and artwork, which plays with this ideas, but we want to be as close as possible and of course achieve the effect (which we are not really sure still, as there are many variations of iridescence behaviors).
Not finished yet, but soon, then I can show the result.

Interesting ;)

best.w.

image.thumb.png.f2755be687f46cf895f1ed566e4b21ca.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1