[SOLVED] combine by Postfixes--> add Max visibility parameter to fbx window

photo

Hi, would it be possible also to add Max Visibility param (and eventually all other settings (min fade, max fade) in fbx asset. import parameters. In order to streamline an import process of many (thousands) fbxs containing named meshes with postfixes. If not immediately possible what would most clever workflow to do that?

thanks

related to that somehow, how do you set default import fbx settings on a per-project basis or is it a Unigine config which should modified somewhere? (ie: all imported fbx in a mount point for instance should be imported with specific settings (postfixes, min visibility, uncheck of some settings etc) 

thanks

Hello!

56 minutes ago, romain.janil said:

related to that somehow, how do you set default import fbx settings on a per-project basis or is it a Unigine config which should modified somewhere? (ie: all imported fbx in a mount point for instance should be imported with specific settings (postfixes, min visibility, uncheck of some settings etc) 

thanks

According on documentation, it's said following thing:

изображение.png

These settings are stored globally in the editor configuration file and simply remember what settings was used for previous asset to import.

Hi, would it be possible also to add Max Visibility param (and eventually all other settings (min fade, max fade) in fbx asset. import parameters. In order to streamline an import process of many (thousands) fbxs containing named meshes with postfixes. If not immediately possible what would most clever workflow to do that?

At the moment you could only adjust Min Visibility settings by activate "Combine by Postfixes" checkbox at import settings window. The maximum visibility value will be automatically inherit value from minimum visibility of following LOD. Speaking about Fade settings, unfortunately, there is no such possibility to adjust those settings now.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you need to import a large number of assets with the same settings, but you do not have the opportunity to configure them at the import stage. Can you do this later by moving desired objects into the world and using multi-selects to select all the nodes and set all the necessary settings at once?

изображение.png

30 minutes ago, bmyagkov said:

Hello!

According on documentation, it's said following thing:

изображение.png

That's what I thought but in fact this doesn't work when fbx are "generated" in data folder or in a mount point and thus import happens automatically, I mean not dragged and dropped in the asset browser. In that case all import settings are default ones, which doesn't work for me.

Hi, in fact this works ONLY if a drag and drop (raising the import Extern asset settings modal window) occurred first...then all automatically imported assets from a moint point will have same settings applied... go figure.

15 hours ago, romain.janil said:

Hi, in fact this works ONLY if a drag and drop (raising the import Extern asset settings modal window) occurred first...then all automatically imported assets from a moint point will have same settings applied... go figure.

Hello!

Indeed, first you must write the settings to the config by import at least one asset and after that, any data loaded through the explorer or mount point will be imported using the previously specified settings without calling the interface window

Hello,

returning to first post : setting cross lod fading of surfaces afterward in editor is really cumbersome while min and max visibility are already settable at import time. As I tried to precise, I'm spekaing of thousands "generated" assets, which eventually may even be loaded at runtime (but that's another story not in scope here). It would be very nice also if we could set the same way cross fading between surface lods at import:

image.png.65d77d01abbe48a270959499b7c91546.png

or something equivalent in a more clever way (ie: postFix contains string for all settings in a conventional order with a separator for instance...)

well it's to streamline the process, when dealing with few or many classic "unitary" assets this ok to do so in editor, but once you deal with procedurally generated geometries or tiled objects (ie, geotiled photomeshes) in thousands this is another story...

• 7 months later...
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] combine by Postfixes--> add Max visibility parameter to fbx window