Which API should i use? C++ or C#

photo

I have good expirience with both languages and i know C++ is faster than C#.

1. but when it comes to integration which would be better to use?

2. I saw unigine dont have a self UI framework yet but i accept any framework recommendation

3. Network(Steam and Lan) is possible now?

Edited by Cesio137
  • Cesio137 changed the title to Which API should i use? C++ or C#

Hi Cesio137 ,

I'll try to answering your questions one by one:

1. but when it comes to integration which would be better to use?

It depends on what sort of integration do you mean... The documentation says:

•  C# for a good balance between speed and ease of use. It allows using C# Component System enabled by default and integrated into the UnigineEditor. It is the easiest way to implement your application logic in components and assign them to any node to be executed. Performance here is not bad at all.
  •  C++ for maximum performance and seamless integration with the existing code base.

So the latter is a better option if you plan a high-load application and you need integration with Qt, or specific C++ systems..

You can also have different programming languages (C++ and C#) for different pieces of your project: for example, you can use C++ for base classes and performance-consuming operations (e.g. create your own plugin); while conveniently implementing application logic via C# components utilizing integration of the C# Component System into UnigineEditor. You can also call methods from one API when using another (via wrappers).

2. I saw unigine dont have a self UI framework yet but i accept any framework recommendation

The new in-app GUI system is under active development and is scheduled for the 2.16 release. But you can use Qt, ImGUI (integration samples are available)

3. Network(Steam and Lan) is possible now?

Network interaction can me implemented using the Socket class.
You can take a look at the SSLSocket plugin .
As for Steam there is a Steam plugin available in the SDK (forum thread).

Thank you!

Hope this helps!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, fox said:

Hi Cesio137 ,

I'll try to answering your questions one by one:

It depends on what sort of integration do you mean... The documentation says:

•  C# for a good balance between speed and ease of use. It allows using C# Component System enabled by default and integrated into the UnigineEditor. It is the easiest way to implement your application logic in components and assign them to any node to be executed. Performance here is not bad at all.
  •  C++ for maximum performance and seamless integration with the existing code base.

So the latter is a better option if you plan a high-load application and you need integration with Qt, or specific C++ systems..

You can also have different programming languages (C++ and C#) for different pieces of your project: for example, you can use C++ for base classes and performance-consuming operations (e.g. create your own plugin); while conveniently implementing application logic via C# components utilizing integration of the C# Component System into UnigineEditor. You can also call methods from one API when using another (via wrappers).

The new in-app GUI system is under active development and is scheduled for the 2.16 release. But you can use Qt, ImGUI (integration samples are available)

Network interaction can me implemented using the Socket class.
You can take a look at the SSLSocket plugin .
As for Steam there is a Steam plugin available in the SDK (forum thread).

Thank you!

Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot, I hope unigine be better than unreal one day

• Thanks 1