sandworm/unigine crash with some mask data

photo

Hi, I'm facing a annoying problem with this data.

I have several other landuse/masks files in the project with different tags, no problem till now (all data layers are same density, except albedo which is finer res) ; Once I added this file to sandworm project, run generate, Editor vanishes at some point creating cache. It is supposed to be used as single R channel tag, crash happens also when tag is set to color with a treshold. I've made some tests with sZ1_2.5m_landuse.rarmaller extent data with same format (geotif R8 etc), all went well then.

i also tried to clear all cache data (lots of Gb and time lost....) and regenerate from scratch, but issue still here. 

Can you have a look if crash also happen in another project, maybe it's a combination of issues ? (latest 2.14.1.1 is used) 

Thanks

13 hours ago, romain.janil said:

Hi, I'm facing a annoying problem with this data.

I have several other landuse/masks files in the project with different tags, no problem till now (all data layers are same density, except albedo which is finer res) ; Once I added this file to sandworm project, run generate, Editor vanishes at some point creating cache. It is supposed to be used as single R channel tag, crash happens also when tag is set to color with a treshold. I've made some tests with sZ1_2.5m_landuse.rarmaller extent data with same format (geotif R8 etc), all went well then.

i also tried to clear all cache data (lots of Gb and time lost....) and regenerate from scratch, but issue still here. 

Can you have a look if crash also happen in another project, maybe it's a combination of issues ? (latest 2.14.1.1 is used) 

Thanks

Hello!

Indeed, as you said it's works well in new project builded from scratch. Probably, there is some kind of dependence on other data and settings.

Please send us just a ".sworm" project file where issue reproduced, no source data needed. We will have a look on our side.

Thanks!

14 hours ago, romain.janil said:

do you have an ftp address I could upload an archive to ? sources files are quite heavy. Thanks

I have sent you the credentials to access on FTP server via PM

Thanks!

Hello!

Good news, we managed to reproduce the crash and it is also included in our internal version too. Be sure it will be fixed in an upcoming SDK.

The bad news is that I can't say exactly what the reason is, since the error is somewhere inside the logic of the tool itself.

But if I understood correctly, subject problem is not a showstopper for you now, right?

Thanks!

Hello,

well this is kind of a showstopper since this is the only way I figured out to avoid having jagged stepped masks for non organic features like in this case roads. As inserting road vectors, mesh decals etc is out of scope (and would never match imagery), I need to have a this kind of specific smoothly convoluted mask for this particular class. As you may have notice, main landuse already has some indexed pixels eventually usable for roads, but as these are "binary", and density of data being low, masking results are too stepped to be used. 

Eventually I wanted also to use this technique for other features where I need controlled smooth ramping between class masks.

So glad to hear that will be fixed, but it would also be super useful for me to know more -in the meantime- if this is related to this particular file, maybe number of classes in stake, data volume, etc. So it would be handy to dig a bit more about what may be the cause of the crash (as generation times are a bit long also)

Because for the moment I generate without this data so it won't crash, but obviously results are not reaching my level of expectation: I made earlier tests on a smaller zone and got super nice results using this technique, I expected it to be deployed over larger ones (more to that, this extent is currently only 1/16 of final extent...); So for now I have gravels, rocks and grass over all roads instead of asphalt as originally planned...

Please keep me informed it you find a clue of what cause might be, so may be also I could try to workaround the problem, if this is purely data related.

thanks,

Hello!

Romain, I've got your point and we will try to provide information on which specific asset or bundle of assets can be the reason for this behavior.

it will take some time to investigate, but we promise not to delay with it.

Thanks!