Material rendering order

photo

Hi,

Seems that editor UI allows me to setup material rendering order only between -8 and 8, but internally this can be between -128 to 128 (the "order" option). First I thought you are breaking the -128 to 128 in like bigger intervals (17 of them), but, no, you actually write -8 into .mat file if I set this value in UI. Isn't this a bug? Also if I manually setup -128 for example in the .mat xml, the editor UI breaks (basically doesn't change the rendering order dropdown value for any material unless I select something else, like a base material; and after reselecting a material it now shows sometimes -8, sometimes Default).

Unigine version: 2.13.0.1

Regards,
Adrian

adrian.licuriceanu

Indeed rendering order can take all the values from signed char [-128; 127], resulting in 256 gradations at most. I'm not quite sure why all these values are not available in the Editor UI, maybe because of some legacy stuff. Need to find out first.

All other issues simply related to that fact that UI wasn't expecting numbers from XML that are not in range of [-8; 8].

Do you need more than 17 gradations for rendering orders for your project? We never reached this limit on practice with our projects :)

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: