REALISTIC GLASS AND HAIR RENDERING

photo

Hi

When i import my architecture into unigine. The windows in the house and cars show as white. How do i give all windows a realistic glass texture?

Also when i import fbx characters. The body looks good but the hair looks plastic.. How do i make the hair actually look like hair? Is it possible in ungine?

3danimation

Glass examples you can find in Art Samples. You can copy demo as project and see how materials are configured inside the sample worlds.

Regarding the hair rendering - it's not available out of the box, because hair rendering typically needs different anisotropy and slightly different shading overall. I don't think that it would be possible to create such material even in 2.15 and upcoming shader graph, but something close looking I think it would be possible to achieve. There are a lot of hair rendering techniques available, but they are often has various implementations, therefore content (hair) should be prepared and exported in a very specific (and different) ways.

So the long story short, you need to implement your own hair material and prepare content that would match your approach. Unfortunately, it's not possible to render each and every downloaded from Internet 3D model of person with uniform good quality.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: