How To Create Custom menubar

photo

Hi friends, 

Please help me. Im new to Unigine. So far i love the engine very much. 

I need to create a custom UI for the application im building. Right now i just need to know how to create a custom menubar.. Like

File, create, help, Windows and submenu items. 

I know some C++ and i know how to create menus in win32api but i have no clue how to do this in unigine to start creating my GUI and or even where to put the code or what to edit. 

Ao i thought i would ask the pros for help. 

If you can share some code and share screenshot of where to place the code. I can take it from there

Ps.. I tried following some of the coding video tutirials unigine has.. But the codes did not work at all in Visual Studio 2019. 

Its outdated 

Edited by 3danimation

3danimation

If you have some experience in C++ I would recommend to check the IMGUI sample in SDK Browser -> Samples -> 3rd Party -> Other -> ImGui Sample (it also include the Menubar example):

image.png

Built-in widgets functionality can be not enough for complex desktop application UI.

Ps.. I tried following some of the coding video tutirials unigine has.. But the codes did not work at all in Visual Studio 2019. 

Can you give us a link to this tutorial?

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi thank you for responding. I checked out the Im GUI example. and its not the format im interested in. 

For my custom application, i want it to look more like the VIEWER example. I like that menu style. its more professional and has a cleaner look. 

do you have any tips on how to duplicate this kind of user interface without using QT? i have a bit of C++ 

also, im interested in the way the UNIGINE editor user interface looks and i pretty much want almost all those features included in my custom app. Is there a way to just DUPLICATE the unigine editor USER INTERFACE? and customize it a bit? 

this is the look and feel im going for. 

please help. thank you!! 

menu.JPG