[NOTABUG] FBX import bug

photo

hello!

i'm importing some FBX model with animations, it looks okay after export-import to 3DS Max, Maya, Unity3D and Unreal engine.

but in Unigine i have one stuck vertex like on the top image. all fbx import setting are tryed and they didn't help

image.png.f8bc9802c1759b98591bc01ad899599e.png

image.thumb.png.608bafc0a3b0ecd59668790e2b8a9700.png

image.thumb.png.2e591996707d957ad146a444a61ac967.png

boraryr_animatic.fbx

Right now the main suspicions bones are from the waist-belt:

image.png

When we remove them everything stars to work fine.

So I guess the main culprit here is the one of the following Mesh Skinned limitations:

• Bones per surface must be less or equals 128;
  • Bones (weight) per vertex must be less or equals 4.

(To be continued...)

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Yeah, that's the limit for 128 bones per surface. There are 136 bones for single labert1 surface, so it would not display correctly.

The only way to fix this is to add some additional surface into the original model, so the part of the initial bones will be split into the different locations.

We do have plans for limit increase, so someday it will be gone and content tweaks will not be required anymore.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• silent changed the title to [NOTABUG] FBX import bug

I am wondering what state of the art is?

Are characters split into several meshes? I guess there are a lot of attachments e.g. armor or cloths which will be separate anyway?

Are 128 sufficient for a pure human character?  Sure it always depends on what you plan to do .....

Would be interesting to know what and how people are doing things ..

best. werner

On 8/19/2021 at 12:30 PM, silent said:

Yeah, that's the limit for 128 bones per surface. There are 136 bones for single labert1 surface, so it would not display correctly.

The only way to fix this is to add some additional surface into the original model, so the part of the initial bones will be split into the different locations.

We do have plans for limit increase, so someday it will be gone and content tweaks will not be required anymore.

Thanks!

thanks