building project

photo

If multiple AddOns and additional png, tga, dds, node files are added to the project, it is impossible to distinguish between unnecessary and necessary files.

I included *.node and *.mat in the settings. For node files and cloud mat files of ig folder.

However, all node files and mat files were included in the data folder.

image.png.70883cfc235c8eee9a0e41d0af9e3884.pngimage.png.a20146e38219ea74a5e34c15649fe0ca.png

That is, all files of the same extension are included, not just the files I use.

Do I have to select and delete unnecessary files after the build?

Edited by dongju.jeong

I added png, node, mat, world files as well as tga.

All png, node, mat, world files in the data folder are added to the build. ( include AddOn assets)

I erased the unnecessary things from the build folder myself.

Hi dongju.jeong,

.node, .world and .mat assets should be included in project as they don't have runtime. Considering textures, they included either if they don't have runtime(unchanged import state), or you marked their source in force-include list. Distinguishing necessary and unnecessary files is done by build tool internally, so on default settings only files that used in the project could be included in final build. The Force-Include List used for cases when in your final build you require files that are not used in code/materials/worlds in any way. You can learn more about Force-Include List here