Water global (sea) shading towards horizon

photo

Hey.

I see an effect in the real sea in some situations, which I cant achieve with the water atm.

Looking at the reflection (i guess) of the sky in the water, the sea gets darker towards the horizon.

This I guess is coming from the fact, that there are waves in reality, but not in the engine, which is to the opposite, flattening the sea the further it gets from the camera and therefore getting brighter.

Thats quite a huge difference in visual composition terms as the water behaves the opposite to reality.

Can I somehow achieve that with the current version?

Can you please implement a feature which enables that behavior? It might be some Fresnel maybe?

Attached the image. There is no haze in my image, no fog etc.

(In fact it also would be interesting to take the round earth for the water in account, as you cant see very far until the curvature affects the water (and possible objects on the surface).)

image.thumb.png.28208103c2d0c3177190bdb7a3a3702c.png

Best.w.

Edited by werner.poetzelberger

Hi Werner,

Can I somehow achieve that with the current version?

I don't think so, maybe only by modifying water shader directly.

This effect is not always preset in real life (basically it's happens because of to the specific small waves behavior). In simulation world we can't render geometry waves up to the horizon (without seeing visual artifacts), so that effect hasn't been implemented.

We will try to check what we can do about this prior to 2.15 SDK update where we plan to introduce the updated water simulation and shading.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: