Landscape Suggestion: add Mask by slope

photo

Hello,

Currently in Landscape we can control a mask appearance by the layer albedo, altitude and texel size:

image.png.9d69c1c254b8924c50f955bbb37f071c.png

Could you add a "mask by slope", where we could control to have a detail layer appear only on steep terrain, or on the contrary only on flat terrain? (I think this existed with the old TerrainGlobal).

Thanks!

Hello!

I will proceed your suggestion to our R&D department as a "feature request" and let's see what can be done. Most likely this can be handled on the Sandworm side by creating masks but this operation will also increase generation time a lot.

Currently we are focused on stabilization and as soon as this stage is passed we will look towards to the procedural rules that can be applied to the terrain (for slopes as well)

Anyways this should not be expected in the current release, maybe such an feature will appear in the future SDK.

Thanks!

Hi, 

Actually, I would have needed it as a detail layer feature, not a mask feature so it's not something Sandworm would generate. Anyway of course this is not an urgent request, a simple suggestion for future evolution :)

Thanks!

• Thanks 1