2.14beta distant objects shadows

photo

Hello, 

was this issues fixed?

I ve did quick retest and problem stays, nodes several Kms away and long after latest lod (longest lod is cca 200m) still eat performance, in this case cca 50 percent FPS (126 vs 260 when turned off). It is not mesurable in case of few nodes, but in case of thousands impact is huge as you can see on attached video. It seems that engine keeps handling them far longer, than needed (to travel several kms/sec is not much probable).

Untitled1.wmv

Edited by demostenes
3 minutes ago, silent said:

This marked as 'Ready to merge' in our internal bug tracker, so I think it would be fixed in 2.14 final release (but I need to double check this).

Thanks!

Great, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 4:38 PM, silent said:

This marked as 'Ready to merge' in our internal bug tracker, so I think it would be fixed in 2.14 final release (but I need to double check this).

Thanks!

It doesnt seem it was merged, it still behaves same way (huge fps loss for city far far away and lodded out).

It doesnt seem it was merged, it still behaves same way (huge fps loss for city far far away and lodded out).

Yes, that's correct. Fixed version introduced a whole new spectrum of random bugs so we have to rewrite C++ / C# Math libraries and bounds classes to fix them.

Since it's a very big changes we postponed them until the next version. Right now we are doing additional testing and performance checks and if everything will working fine we can try to merge these fixes in the 2.14.x patch series. That's was fully unexpected results and that's why it takes us so much time to fix this simple bugs.

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: