IG ComponentSystem 'stock' properties

photo

Hello,

There is a lot of properties file in the ig/properties folders and subfolders, but I couldn't find a complete description of these in the documentation.

It's not readily apparent if these are ready for production use, just samples, or even how to use them efficiently. Some look really interesting so it's a pity not to expose them more prominently in the documentation. Eg. WakeWave, Wheel, etc. I feel all of them would merit their own short tutorial.

Thanks!

Sidenote: on some occasion, I found them being copied to ./data/ComponentSystem, leading to some error at load time. I don't know how to reproduce this so what could have gone wrong?

Hi Stephane,

We plan to add documentation about this IG properties soon.

I found them being copied to ./data/ComponentSystem, leading to some error at load time. I don't know how to reproduce this so what could have gone wrong?

Not sure what do you mean by that. If you have the full error messages - it would be great to see them.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

23 hours ago, Amerio.Stephane said:

on some occasion, I found them being copied to ./data/ComponentSystem

Never mind, I found what's going on: To ease deployment and updates, we set the data/ig folder as a mount point (so users can't modify it and we have one single point to upgrade). But if the mount point can't be mounted for whatever reason (network not ready?), then the IG system writes its prop files in data/ComponentSystem and will complain of duplicate files the next time the ig mount point is correctly mounted. Duh. Our bad!

• Thanks 1