UNIGINE's tools for mesh geometry modification

photo

UNIGINE have deformable terrain and "fracture objects". So I suppose there is some tools for geometry modification inside UNIGINE. But I can't find public api for them.

I want to cut out part of mesh geometry. Ideally, I would like to achieve effect of high-fidelity game object damage, like making explosion/shell holes in it. Its not always possible to "prebake" such things. There is a runtime way to achieve that for "plane" surfaces with pixel shader ("discard" command), but that works bad for "volumetric" objects; plus that adds headache on collision detection.

So... Is there any tools for geometry modification available inside? If so, is there any chance for them to become public?

tower120

So I suppose there is some tools for geometry modification inside UNIGINE. So... Is there any tools for geometry modification available inside? If so, is there any chance for them to become public?

There is a only a single way of fracturing meshes is being hard-coded internally, so there is no any kind of sophisticated modelling functions are hidden inside that we can expose to public.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I see. Do you have any plans in extending your fracturing functionality? I'm unsure, but it looks like it can be enhanced to some destruction system where you can kinda "carve" your mesh with projectiles, and that mesh still remains in act. Now, it just falling apart completely (well, most of the time).

Plus custom fracture forms, would be nice too! Maybe that would allow to simulate wood planks fracturing. Or have some specific rupture pattern on impact site.

If you'd have that kind of things - that would be awesome!