Stereo images gallery

photo

Hi, guys!

I want to create VR art gallery on Mars landscape with stereo images taken from two different points.

Is it possible in Unigine?

I would be grateful for any advice how to realize it.

Cheers, Tatiana

Dear Tatiana,

I have understood the following.

1. You have stereo images for Mars Landscape. (One image for Left eye and other for Right Eye).  (Hope that the two different points are pupil distance.)

2. You want to create a VR art gallery where probably on key press of  controller you want to swap the stereo images. Am I correct?

Then it is possible in UNIGINE but you need to write some custom post processing for applying stereo images.

Apart from that you may create a complete Virtual Art Gallery with  pictures of Mars. And the whole stereo rendering you may send to HMD. You will have immersive experience but Mars pictures will be digitally scaled. And in the first approach off course you will get depth with full digital resolution of pictures.

Hope this helps.

Rohit

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, rohit.gonsalves said:

Dear Tatiana,

I have understood the following.

1. You have stereo images for Mars Landscape. (One image for Left eye and other for Right Eye).  (Hope that the two different points are pupil distance.)

2. You want to create a VR art gallery where probably on key press of  controller you want to swap the stereo images. Am I correct?

Then it is possible in UNIGINE but you need to write some custom post processing for applying stereo images.

Apart from that you may create a complete Virtual Art Gallery with  pictures of Mars. And the whole stereo rendering you may send to HMD. You will have immersive experience but Mars pictures will be digitally scaled. And in the first approach off course you will get depth with full digital resolution of pictures.

Hope this helps.

Rohit

Dear Rohit, thank you for your reply. Yes, I want to create the futuristic art Gallery based on Mars, where people can walk. On pictures of that gallery it should be stereo images of landscapes. Could you please give more details how to realize it?

Tatiana,

One question.

You want people to ware HMD. Then they will be immersive in your ART Gallery Virtual World.

In this virtual world you wanted to have Stereo images of the mars on picture frames.

Your goal is to make the mars images 3D. This is why you want to put stereo images on those virtual picture frames. Am I correct?

Rohit

26 minutes ago, rohit.gonsalves said:

Tatiana,

One question.

You want people to ware HMD. Then they will be immersive in your ART Gallery Virtual World.

In this virtual world you wanted to have Stereo images of the mars on picture frames.

Your goal is to make the mars images 3D. This is why you want to put stereo images on those virtual picture frames. Am I correct?

Rohit

Dear Rohit, that is correct. So you propose instead of option one picture to left eye another one to right one, just to create 3D objects from than pictures, right? I was trying to find another solution and work with stereo. I don't have for all pictures Digital Terrain Model. Or may be you know how to create high map from stereo pair?  I attached stereo pair.

9z1WrhPuDZc.jpg

BGXFhhZRDN4.jpg

Dear Tatiana,

Just an Idea: How the best user experience you may design with above scenario.

1. Create the virtual world with your art gallery which will hold pictures of Mars landscapes.

2. User may roam around the gallery in immersive way using HMD.

3. When user comes close to particular picture you may also add an audio description which may start once close to the picture or on users input.

4. You may show  the title and one picture in frame. User can select to watch this picture for further understanding.

5. You may start showing stereo images instead of Art gallery rendering now and user may see it fit to screen OR scroll up / down and at particular juncture we may pop up info describing things. This will give some depth too and close understanding of pictures with high resolutions.

6. User may exit and he will be back in art gallery.

I guess this option is the best user experience and will solve the purpose of landscape gazing. Even coding this kind of user experience will not take you much time to create small Proof of concept.

Apart from this If you need to show depth in picture frames only. The simple but complex solution is to prepare the 3D models. But they will be so small. Not advisable.

Which HMD you are testing now?

Hope this is what you need and it helps.

Rohit