Light baking question

photo

When I bake voxel probe to single object, it intensifies shadows a lot. I would expect exact opposite (as it does in your demos). I tried various settings of baking, increasing number of light bounces, static/dynamic sun etc...But result is still the same. I am using parametr use sun color, since sun is moving (which makes it even much darker). Scene render settings are default to unigine new world, sun temperature 5500. Only parameter which helps is lowering ambient light in enviroment settings to cca 0.7 (why lowering?), but I dont think this is good fix, it makes forests very dark. I am probably missing something fundamental. Here is screen of house in direct sunlight with voxel probe on and off:

image.thumb.png.f5890ebe364c5e9878ddfb511534b0cf.png

23 hours ago, fabre.cedric said:

Hello demostenes,
Have you tried with the additive blending mode for the baking ?
from LightVoxelProbePtr setAdditiveBlending to true.

Yes, this makes shadows much brighter, but this is just single voxel probe in the scene, nothing else to blend with (right now). I was planning to make one huge probe for whole city and smaller nodes for details. Additive mode is according to documentation for different use case (be able to dynamically switch between two types of light - turning on light in some area lit by world light, etc..). So standard mode seem to be proper setup, it is just too much dark (even with intensity 0). So I dont understand, what is proper setup for my scene (open world with dynamic world light).

Edited by demostenes

Hi!

When "use sun color" option is turned on, voxel probe will be baked from white sky and after that the result color of voxel probe will be multiplied with sky color (blue in noon for example).

I think we need to make art sample for this case, this is really not so easy to understand.

28 minutes ago, cryunreal said:

Hi!

When "use sun color" option is turned on, voxel probe will be baked from white sky and after that the result color of voxel probe will be multiplied with sky color (blue in noon for example).

I think we need to make art sample for this case, this is really not so easy to understand.

Thanks, this is really important information. So does it mean, I have to change sky color by modifiing texture "base" in environment section? 

Yes, but i dont recommend to change "base" texture. If you will rotate the sun, sky color will change respectively. Just try to test "use sun color" in empty world with simple content, it will be easier.

1 hour ago, cryunreal said:

Yes, but i dont recommend to change "base" texture. If you will rotate the sun, sky color will change respectively. Just try to test "use sun color" in empty world with simple content, it will be easier.

I ve tried to bake in empty default world and results are much better. If I bake with identical world setup and settings in the scene, it is very dark. Especially terrain makes baking much darker (I was trying to turn off objects to find out cause). Does it mean I should bake in empty scenes? 

Hi Jirka,

Can you tell us the .world name where you are trying to bake this voxel probe? Right now we are not quite sure what really happens and we want to bake some voxels in your environment to get the same results.

After that we can tell you more useful advises how to improve this.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

3 hours ago, silent said:

Hi Jirka,

Can you tell us the .world name where you are trying to bake this voxel probe? Right now we are not quite sure what really happens and we want to bake some voxels in your environment to get the same results.

After that we can tell you more useful advises how to improve this.

Thanks!

Sure, PM. Thanks.