Spline river

photo

I tried to create river via world graph tool, but it does not work, water mesh is probably regenerated into standard mesh. It would be good to support water meshes, or at least add ability to export into .mesh/fbx. And one more thing, please add support for mesh decals too, projected doesnt seem able to handle curve (unlike mesh).
image.thumb.png.a35254d8c3ba7f3e5dede24c84fdf17a.png

image.thumb.png.c9f2fc43c8ca33ef6e030dca790681b9.png

image.png.a12b6eb010b54758c3fd39d918ae99bd.png

Edited by demostenes
4 hours ago, silent said:

Hi Jirka,

Exporting splines to mesh / fbx are scheduled for the 2.15 SDK update. Hope this feature would not be delayed.

Thanks!

Thanks, but it is only workaround. What about supporting decal meshes/water meshes directly in this graph object? Currently this system is not much usable for generating roads/rivers. Mesh road is not always usable (for example path in the forest, or muddy road), projected decal cant handle curves properly and water is out of question. It is quite pitty, it is already close, it just needs this finishing a IMHO it nowdays it belongs to standard.

48 minutes ago, silent said:

The next step is to provide a proper tool for rivers (that would be much harder to implement).

Export can at least give some additional possibilities and improve the overall performance, and of course, it's not a replacement for a proper tool.

Ok, thanks. Are you also implementing some solution for roads? I mean height map adjustment under road? 

• 2 weeks later...

Btw, do you plan to add some randomization into spline? I define for example 3 nodes to randomize segments from? And ability to not deform target node (so the spline will not be fluent)? For some cases it does not look proper: image.thumb.png.01b37bb0c408105293bf260b8880f145.png

Thanks.

Edited by demostenes