IG Master frozen when window title is grabbed

photo

Hello,

When we try to move the window of the master view in an IG master-slaves application, the IG simply freezes, ie all animations stop, all CIGI management stop, etc. When releasing the mouse, everything then unfreeze.

The issue here is sometimes we need to move the window out of the way, or just move it a bit for whatever reason, and this leads to all slaves stopping responding (actually they are still alive, but the master stops receiving CIGI messages and updating the slaves).

Is there any way to change this behavior?

Hi Stephane,

That's expected behavior for SDL apps currently. The 8 years old bug was marked as wontfix recently. There is a patch (back from 2014) that in theory should somehow work, but it needs to be tested at least to verify if it even works after all these years.

You mentioned that everything is unfreezing after window move, so I suppose that's better than if the slaves were still frozen? :)

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Silent,

This is more of a UX bug, not very critical at first sight, but the simulator operator keeps doing it again and again (even when they have been instructed to NOT move the window...), out of simple habit I guess. The problem is of course the pilot in the cockpit gets a "frozen" state for a few seconds. Not a big deal, unless you're flying at 250kn, the kind of stuff we do :/ (then we crash and need to restart our scenario...)

I understand SDL officials have given up, but it would be great if this could be tackled some time, even if partially by Unigine. Maybe low priority, but annoying for sure.

• Thanks 1