Blending terrain insets better blend options

photo

I was experimenting with terrain insets (higher res mountain in lower res terrain). It technically works, but I am not able achieve reasonable blend. Alpha blend and add are not much suitable to blend to different terrains together. Would be possible to add more blending options? I think for this case the best would be setting min height of inset (which is possible now) and have something like  MAX. Generally you can take inspiration in WM height map blends modes. Thanks.
image.thumb.png.82de4eed93f450c5ac72a4b24a7d876e.pngimage.thumb.png.776a8bb44745ae869cb34dd24f3ffb1e.png

Edited by demostenes

Hi Jirka,

Thank you for the suggestion. I've added it to our internal bug tracker.

Min / Max blending is indeed a good addition, but it would not solve all the problems. I also won't expect that new blending modes will be added this year (due to R&D focus on a different topics), but we will see what we can do here to improve this behavior.

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

5 hours ago, silent said:

Hi Jirka,

Thank you for the suggestion. I've added it to our internal bug tracker.

Min / Max blending is indeed a good addition, but it would not solve all the problems. I also won't expect that new blending modes will be added this year (due to R&D focus on a different topics), but we will see what we can do here to improve this behavior.

Thanks!