autosave mode for all configs file

photo

Hello,

All configs file have an "autosave" attribute, which can be used to toggle writing to it at runtime. But only the "configs/*.config" 's file autosave can be configured on the command line with config_autosave.

This means that starting the app with -console_command "config_autosave 0 && bind x some_operation" will always write the modification in "configs/*.user" if this file autosave="1".

But having this file autosave="1" by default is good, because it means I can change some values directly from within the editor.

So in the end: shouldn't there be a "user_autosave" command line to temporarily override it? (and a controls_autosave too)

Thanks!

Hi Stephane,

Not sure that I understand the use-case.

-console_command "config_autosave 0 && bind x some_operation" will always write the modification in "configs/*.user" if this file autosave="1".

And what configs should be overwritten in that case?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I'll try to be more clear :). At the moment, if I run the app with -console_command "config_autosave 0 && bind x some_operation" then the file configs/default.user will be modified to contain <x>some_operation</x> at the end because by default, default.user contains autosave="1".

I'd like to be able to start the app with something like -console_command "config_autosave 0 && user_autosave 0 && bind x some_operation", so my binding is only temporary, without having to edit the default.user 's autosave setting.

(as I understand it, config_autosave only override the default.config file's autosave setting)

Thanks for the clarification. Will need to find out if that's is the expected behavior first and than to understand how hard would be to alter this behavior.

Configs loading procedure is very tricky and definitively not the easiest part to modify.

In case of any findings I will surely let you know.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 2 weeks later...