[SOLVED] Mask threshold tip

photo

Is there a tip to ensure that masks are applied to fields, and forest areas only?

Currently, I have a problem that masks are applied to unwanted areas or that masks are not applied exactly to desired areas.

I changing the color of the land to express autumn.

image.png.d46ba38ce518962d2520e43a56e5a919.png

my setting..  The mask file is the same as the albedo file.

image.png.4949ee9cfb496535898177b9f54983b9.png

image.thumb.png.6f8db62a17c1ca90546ba79e92dcabd3.png

Edited by dongju.jeong

Hello!

I didn't quite understand what for you are changing Textures > Albedo > Color? It will does not give any effect on mask threshold, but it is greatly imagine "unwanted areas" that you want to show.

Oh, looks like i got it.

The only way that you could prevent this "unwanted areas" It is adjust colors threshold more accurately.

As I can see that you are used a lot of colors layers here, usually you need much less of them to have a decent result. Try to leave only "green" colors and adjust their threshold. For example, what for you need "316178" here, which is looks like blue and obviously it will also apply to "unwanted ares" for sure like water or other "blue" areas.

Adjusting this settings could also help a bit.

изображение.png

Even so, it will be difficult to achieve the perfect result, since the pixels of different colors will be located all over the place. If you want to get the perfect coverage, then you need to use your own masks, prepared in some of third-party applications.

Or for example you could use single-channel masks like this one for example

изображение.png

Thanks!

• Thanks 1
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Mask threshold tip
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, sergej.paramonov said:

bmyagkov, посоветуйте пожалуйста в каких приложениях можно сделать одноканальные маски

Для создания одноканальных масок подойдет любой 2d-редактор, хватит самого простого, например даже входящего в базовый комплект приложений Windows - MS Paint

21 hours ago, bmyagkov said:

Для создания одноканальных масок подойдет любой 2d-редактор, хватит самого простого, например даже входящего в базовый комплект приложений Windows - MS Paint

А как потом сделать геопривязку?

55 minutes ago, sergej.paramonov said:

А как потом сделать геопривязку?

Можно геопривязать, при помощи приложения Global Mapper, например

• Like 1