create road

photo

image.png.f6441f0e9cfae08e38f4a4a40d4b6254.pngimage.png.18c9d96b8720b39de0274bb5b2d5311f.png

image.png.65978622361637bf13d71de351c1d445.png

I practiced the contents of the video tutorial using the Georeferenced Terraine Generation Add On.

I followed the road-making part, but there was a little strange about the outcome.

The Geometry option and the Adjust terrain height and masks option do not seem to be applied.

I think the quality of the roads made for ground simulation is a little insufficient, and I want to know how to make them well.

Hello!

Basically, this is the expected behavior because roads at Landscape Tool made by "world spline graph" object which is we stated as "experimental" and at the moment its functionality is limited a lot. We do not recommend it for production use.

There is no option to generate crosses, basically because whole road made by using only one node. The only thing you could adjust for a better result to prevent hiding roads under terrain it is increase "height offset" a bit.

After terrain generation is over, please re-generate the road vector separately by increasing the value of "heght offset" before like as I shown on video below.

This tip doesn't cure that behavior totally, but could make visual result much better.

"Adjust terrain height and masks option" state doesn't give any effect if you trying to re-generate vector object separately. To make it work you must also re-generate heights together with vector object and then the result will be visible. See attached .gif below:

ezgif-4-8defdaf1aabe.gif

Thanks!

• Like 1