[SOLVED] Fire disappearing depending from near buildings visibility

photo

https://i.imgur.com/3vqYCKk.gifv

As from this image, standard vfx fire low appear or disappear based on the presence of nearby buildings.

There are buildings on the right and on the left of the road, If any building on the right is visible the fire is not shown, this didn't happen with any building on the left visible.

If I shift the view so to hide a right building from the viewport the fire become visible again.

Particles are spawned, they are just not rendered.

Edited by davide445

Hello Davide, 

Thank you for your test scene, but unfortunately this issue is not reproducible on our side. So the problem might be in environment. Could you please give us additional info on system you are running this scene, e.g. GPU, OS, and SDK Edition.

Also, please ensure that you are running the latest GPU drivers

Hi just tried with latest Nvidia drivers, problem still there.

Sending you my system info.

Edit: tried also update to the latest chipset drivers, didn't change. Discovered I have still installed old AMD drivers even not using anymore the AMD GPU, uninstalled but didn't change.

Edited by davide445

Thank you for additional information, but unfortunately still no success in reproduction. We've tried your scene on similar setup, and particles behave correctly.
There's few more things that you can do, first of all try to launch this scene on another PC to define whether problem in environment or not. And furthermore, try to upgrade this scene to newest SDK release. We did a lot of improvements for particles system in 2.12 release, and fixed some of stability issues in 2.13

Discovered the baking texture of "LightEnvironmentProbe" is causing the artifacts. Under "Bake Settings" the "Texture" is missing. Resetting it solved the problem. 

• Thanks 1
  • davide445 changed the title to [SOLVED] Fire disappearing depending from near buildings visibility