Wheel Joint Bug

Hello! I was hoping to get some help from someone who knows a bit more about Unigine than me. After following Andrey's amazing tutorial on creating a vehicle with C# and wheel joints (https://youtu.be/ROy9oGPnABE), I have been playing around with my car. I've noticed that when the wheels leave the ground and collide back onto the ground this interesting effect happens in which the wheels clip through the ground and makes the car behave in an odd way. Is there something that I can do to prevent this from happening? Thank you to all who can help. I am new to Unigine and I am loving this engine! Included is a video demonstrating the described effect.

Hello,

I can't find your car settings in data folder, so I create car using your model and settings from tutorial. This wheels behavior problem has not been reproduced. Could you try adding an attached node with a configured car to the project? You only need to configure the player in the component of this node.

SM_Veh_Car_Medium_01.node

19 hours ago, karpych11 said:

Hello,

I can't find your car settings in data folder, so I create car using your model and settings from tutorial. This wheels behavior problem has not been reproduced. Could you try adding an attached node with a configured car to the project? You only need to configure the player in the component of this node.

SM_Veh_Car_Medium_01.node 6.37 kB · 1 download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vzhpg36g4p0owu8/Car.node?dl=0

Here is the Car.node that you requested. I played around with your uploaded node. A few things I've noticed is that the odd wheel behavior begins when Tangent Friction and Binormal Friction are increased, in the case with my .node file I have them set at 4.0. The reason for this was to get a better "feel" for the power of the car (I would want the friction to be able to change in the future, depending on what the car is driving on, for example concrete and ice). I have also tried changing the friction on the ground surface instead and leaving the Tangent Friction and Binormal Friction on the wheel joints default to 1.0, however, the behavior remains. I very much appreciate your help with this issue. Let me know if there is anything else I can provide you with!

Hello,

Thank you for the car node provided. I have tried to achieve the desired behavior with the following settings. Change car mass to 200 and each wheel to 50. Then disable Shape-Based for car body and change center of mass to (0.0, 0.3, 0.4). I also change linear spring to 200 and linear damping to 400 for each wheel. Then you can set different friction for surfaces or wheels. In Car component I change default torque to 15. You can see the result here.

image.png

• Like 1