Export Landscape terrain, and all it's detail, to a new project

photo

Hi,
I would like to reuse a Landscape terrain with all it's details texture and layer in a brand new project, without have any conflict with previous scripts,camera and other projects settings.
There is a quick way to do it?

Thanks

Hi Silent,
Thanks for quick feedback, I made a quick test but it looks like all the details mask are not saved. I can see the just the height and a base albedo.

I'm now "playing" with the sample demo ( earthworks ), if I save from data folder landscape, texture and layers, looks like I was able to put in the scene the landscape_layer.node, and looks like have some more details on it, but the performance is getting terrible making the editor unusable.
The idea is edit the actual earthwork sample demo, make it more looking like my needs ( it's really close that's why I would like to understand if there is a way to replicate it )  and then use on another projects, basically with VR_Player instead the demo player with all the code related to voxel terrain modification, scraper machine operation etc..

Thanks

11 hours ago, silent said:

Hi Andrea,

Maybe it would be easier just to copy Earthworks demo as a project and add missing VR functionality on top. You can delete the assets that you don't need in the demo to save some space.

Thanks for suggestion, trying to recreate the terrain from scratch also doesn't help me. Looking into details of Earthworks demo I see that was used some height and displacement maps from an "external" link and they are not embedded in the sample data folder, maybe it's also this that is causing performance issues trying to copy terrain and details mask to another project.

immagine.png.1ba11a465d7c5ce2f2b6577740d218f3.png

Adding the VR template to the earthwork demo it's not so easy, it was my first attempt, but there is some kind of error since in that demo there is a lot of code to control the vehicle etc........

I'll try anyway in this way!

Thanks.