[SOLVED] Errors in .vscode launch config

photo

I created a default project and then tried to run it from VSCode but it reports that it can't find some assets. After checking `.vscode/launch.json` I see some args are incorrect.

"args": [ "-data_path", "../", "-engine_config", "../data/unigine_project/unigine.cfg", "-console_command", "world_load \"unigine_project\"" ],

• `-engine_config` seems to point to cfg file that no longer exists
  • `-console_command` points to `unigine_project` but Unigine creates `project.world` as the default. I guess it's chopping off anything before the `_`.

I got it working by removing `engine_config` and pointing `-console_command` to `project` instead but I'm new to this and unsure if I should be using a different config file.

Shout if you need any more info.

EDIT: I guess `-data_path` is also incorrect and should be `../data` but it didn't seem to stop the app from running correctly.

Cheers,

Phil

PS. Please switch to markdown in the forum - I guess that's another issue :)

Edited by Phil_T

Phil_T

-data_path argument is correct, you should not have any lost assets with it. -engine_config is a bit outdated, but also should not cause any issues on startup.

Can you send us your zipped project so we can check what is going on? You can send me link via PM or upload to our FTP server.

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Thanks @silent, I've PM'd you a link to the project. As I said, I got it working by changing world from `unigine_project` to `project` but couldn't see any cfg file. I guess maybe it doesn't exist yet or something.

It seems that you created a default project (named unigine_project) and then simply renamed the world file to project inside the Editor.

In that case you need to manually modify launch script, since there is really no connection between how you name the .world files inside the project and the script that launches the application with pre-defined set of the start-up parameters.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Oops! I do not remember doing that! Sorry.

So -engine_config is no longer used, right? I couldn't see it mentioned in the docs.

Edited by Phil_T
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Errors in .vscode launch config