How To Create a C++ Project

photo

Hi,

Little remarks on this:

• Templates -> is it planned / possible at one point to merge both of them or offer check boxes insteadof dropdown list?
  • API / IDE -> same, is it possible to maintain in // e.g. vs2019 and cmake files?
    For us, it would improve cross-platform aspect.
  • Run -> define multiple configuration, typically what you're doing customizing .bat files.
    For us, the same code handles VR experience or IG setup, and kind of UI launcher (quick plugins selection) would be nice.

Kind regards,
Charles

Hi Charles!

Thanks for the feedback!

1. Templates can't be combined right now. Maybe in the future situation will change (once the templates will offer such functionality).
  2. I guess you can generate VS solution from CMake configurations, but we can't do it for you. Project manager is relatively simple tool and can't replace the full build environment that will track the changes in CMake and port them to SLN or vice-versa.
  3. That sounds like a good addition, but I also would not expect a complex UI here. That's a relatively rare task and it's much easier to implement a few custom bat files or debugging configurations in VS. I will add this in the to-do list for the future SDK Browser updates.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: