Rendering a UUSL shader in to the Auxilliary buffer

photo

We have an externally-generated texture and depth map that are applied to the render result using a custom post shader in UUSL. But I would like to get the UUSL shader's output inserted earlier in the render sequence, for better quality, so it seems like rendering to the Auxillary buffer would be the right thing to do. But I can't see how to achieve that. 

Any pointers?

Dear Angus,

The above question has many parts to think about. I try to answer what I have understood and my opinion. All of the work you want to perform can be easily handled by Rendering callbacks.

We have an externally-generated texture and depth map that are applied to the render result using a custom post shader in UUSL.

This is achievable. You can simply write a post material and after rendering sequence ends, you may apply it to get your desired result. We can discuss this if we know more about it.

But I would like to get the UUSL shader's output inserted earlier in the render sequence, for better quality, so it seems like rendering to the Auxillary buffer would be the right thing to do. But I can't see how to achieve that. 

This is very confusing requirement. As above you said post material. But now you are asking about putting it in early phase. Above you have mentioned that you have externally generated stuff, Then why do you want to put it in auxiliary? As Auxiliary is just an extra texture given by engine to do various stuff in post processing with final render. If you put your stuff in auxiliary nothing will happen to rendering with that texture.  I use auxiliary to generate  masks that I use to post process my rendering to show some specifics. By the way you may write externally generated stuff to this buffer but it is useless. You may use 

CALLBACK_BEGIN_AUXILIARY_BUFFER = 26 Callback before filling the auxiliary buffer.
CALLBACK_END_AUXILIARY_BUFFER = 27 Callback after filling the auxiliary buffer.

to make things good for you as you desire.

Please elaborate more to understand your need in detail to solve it correct and accurate.

Hope this helps.

Rohit

• Thanks 1