Landscape Terrain Run-Time Modifications

photo

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone can point me to some tutorial information on the terrain Run-Time Modification. I would like to have real time deformation like tire tracks and I would like to create craters from meteor/meteorites. I need more than variables to accomplish this. I can create ANY environment, custom 3d model, sound, or music asset but I'm a bit lost in this API implementation. I am willing to trade custom assets or even pay the right person to teach me how to accomplish my goal. We are only about 6 months from release once this is addressed. Please let me know if we can work something out in trade or even what you would want in money if you think you can help us.

Best Regards,

Daniel John Anthony 

Hi John,

Did you have a chance to take at the following documentation article on LandscapeTerrain coding?

You can also check the SDK Browser -> Demos -> Art Samples -> Landscape in order to see how craters are made from the artist perspective:

image.png

and traces:

image.png

So, the only thing left is to add some particles to hide the terrain modification process and play sound. I guess you can easily find someone in the Collaboration forum or at our Discord server (see the #jobs-and-projects channel) to do it :)

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

2 hours ago, silent said:

Hi John,

Did you have a chance to take at the following documentation article on LandscapeTerrain coding?

You can also check the SDK Browser -> Demos -> Art Samples -> Landscape in order to see how craters are made from the artist perspective:

Hello Sir and thank you! This is perfect. Exactly what I needed much thanks!