Screen resolution problems with single 21/9 monitor fullscreen

photo

Version: 2.12.0.2, Monitor: single 21/9, Native monitor's resolution: 3340x1440 100Hz, O.S.: Windows 10 64bit, Graphic board: GeForce RTX 2080 Super

I'm new to Unigine and I started with some demo projects: Superposition, Oil Rafinery, Softness. I can't find my monitor resolution in the browser's options windows so I first tried "system" option and then, after having problem, I tried "custom" option with 3440 x 1440. In both cases I had the following problems.

When going with "fullscreen"  (set either in browser's option windows or at runtime in  options menu) the rendered output have jagged lines, text is near unreadble end clicking the graphical widgets result in no clicking or clicking as if the mouse pointer were pointing to a differet screen position.

If I left "fullscreen" disabled it is rendered only a portion of the whole scene (with "custom" 3440x1440 or "system" screen resolution option or higher screens resolutions like 3840x2160) or, if I chose a resolution smaller them my monitor's native one, the rendered area is of course smaller then my monitor's screen and has a different aspect ratio so large bands appear on both sides of the screen. Using Nvidia resize utility I'm not able to change the aspect of the rendered screen and it won't fit my monitor anyway.

I'm evaluting to switch from other engines and is crucial to me to be able to manage the screen resolution correctly.

Thanks for any help on this

Edited by marcoepone

marcoepone

Could you please tell if you are currently using the DPI scale different from 100%? On the Desktop do a right mouse click and select Display Settings. Check the value in Scale and Layout.

If you also can send us couple of screenshots or videos with this behavior and unreadable texts?

Thanks!

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Yes, I'm using 150%. I tried changing DPI to 100% and all the problems I described are no longer present, resolution is fine and I was able to see the demos scenes in all their beauty. Thanks.

I attached two images showing jagged lines and unreadeble text with 150% DPI.

Anyway, text size is quite small using a 21/9 monitor 3440x1440 with 100%DPI and working with the editor became tiresome. Is it possible to choose a bigger font and widgets size in Unigine editor?

158939942_DesktopScreenshot2020_10.19-01_02_55_34.thumb.png.860d653db98d04ce1fa06ad6cff8438c.png1329190951_DesktopScreenshot2020_10.19-01_03.42_10.thumb.png.5f08bc7ed3ff4d6a9d09b6ee5ad44149.png

10 hours ago, marcoepone said:

Anyway, text size is quite small using a 21/9 monitor 3440x1440 with 100%DPI and working with the editor became tiresome. Is it possible to choose a bigger font and widgets size in Unigine editor?

I'm afraid, right now there is no such options available. You can try to use Editor with DPI Scale 150% and disable DPI scale in compatibility options for the final relese application.

Improving Engine / Editor behavior with DPI scaling is on our internal TODO list, but I can't give you any exact ETA on this right now, sorry.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

1 hour ago, silent said:

Improving Engine / Editor behavior with DPI scaling is on our internal TODO list, but I can't give you any exact ETA on this right now, sorry.

Happy to know.

In the meantime I'll follow your suggestion. Thank you

• 6 months later...

I'm in the same boat, please implement DPI and scaling settings within the editor, it's very useful and makes the editor comfortable to use. Thank you!

• Like 1