Missing diffuse lighting in planar reflection texture

photo

Hey everyone, 

we recently started upgrading from Unigine 2.5 to Unigine 2.11 and encountered an issue where the objects in the planar reflection texture would no longer receive lighting from world lights like the sun or the moon. As you can see in the image below, the reflected object only receives the ambient light and not the diffuse light which makes the lit side of the reflected wall pretty dark in the reflection.

UnlitReflections.thumb.png.889be9bf19ad8a42f1aabb5df61fe664.png

It is certainly a wrong configuration in our project since everything works fine in a clean Unigine 2.11 project. I have already tried to enable all masks for the camera, the world light(s) and the affected materials. However, the outcome is exactly the same as you can see above. And since the reflection can be seen by the camera and non-reflected objects also receive lights properly, the masks should be in order (it was not changed between Unigine 2.5 and Unigine 2.11). It almost seems as if there is no world light present anymore for the scene where the reflection texture is used.

Do you guys perhaps have any ideas or suggestions what I could do to potentially solve or get closer to this issue?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

DonMazzini

The fastest way would be to create a NodeLayer with these objects, create a new world and load this NodeLayer in the newly created world.

If everything will work fine you will only need to compare these two .world files and find out which parameter is different. Since the .world file is regular XML, you can do it in any text editor (like Notepad++).

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hey silent, thanks for your quick answer!

2 hours ago, silent said:

The fastest way would be to create a NodeLayer with these objects, create a new world and load this NodeLayer in the newly created world.

I've tried to do this by creating a new world with an affected object in both our current project and in a clean object, but unfortunately the same issue persists even with these worlds. So it appears that it is not a render settings that is at fault here, but something else!

Do you perhaps have any other idea or suggestion where it could potentially come from?

Thanks for your help!

Alright! Would it suffice to send you an example material of a mesh that is not reflected correctly? I am afraid I will not be able to get permission to share the entire data directory of our product. Otherwise I will try to do some more digging and get back to you once I have more specific information!