FBX importer doesn't create META files

photo

Hello,

I'm trying to leverage Unigine's FBX importer plugin to simplify a workflow of importing new 3d assets into Qt/Unigine app.It seems that when we use the plugin in the following way:

Importer* importer = Import::get()->createImporterByFileName(...);
importer->import(...);

It doesn't seem to create meta files for generated  meshes, materials and textures. I doubt I understand the purpose of those meta files but seems they are required for proper loading of those assets. For example, editor seems to always create them and adds to GUID database (guids.db). My question is, is there a way to generate those Meta files with FBX importer plugin? Or maybe meta files can be skipped in guids db and it would still work?

Thanks

Edited by scopic

scopic

The main purpose of the FBX Importer is to provide a simplified interface for FBX / OBJ / DAE files import in runtime. .meta files are generated by Editor and basically acts like a link between source (FBX) and generated runtimes (meshes and materials).

There is no way to generate .meta file without using the Editor to import files. .meta files are not required in runtime (except that ones that are stored in .runtimes directory). Also, after FBX importing you don't even need to store this FBX file, since you already should have runtime formats that should be used in rendering.

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: