How can mask the vegetation under the road

photo

Hi everyone, 

How can mask the vegetation under the road created with the path?, with the decal I can chose the mask layer but with the road tool I not find the possibility to mask the vegetation. 

Any Ideas? Grazie!
image.thumb.png.74c650f2f14cdd85d6afa525e6c5633a.png

image.thumb.png.c510bff704c73901819edc60d8df5201.png

Hello Davide,

Unfortunately, Spline Tool can't automatically cut through the vegetation.

Possible options are:

1. Use two nodes for each segment: Projected Decal and Mesh. Decal can use cutout intersection feature even when inside the spline object. This will give you opportunity for a faster prototyping of the scene. I say prototyping because using cutout intersection feature alongside with heavy spline can drop performance.
  2. Cut the roads from the vegetation masks. This is perfect for a final build.
  3. You also can manually draw/erase mask, it's the most time-consuming way.

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

I try to put the decal under the mesh and after use the spline, but not work when I add the mesh in the spline node, the grass not disappear. 

I try to paint manually the zone for remove the mask but when I activate the manual mask for painting, my grass mask will be removed , so I can't use 2 mask in the same times.

So I think the real solution is to remove the zone in the mask manually in 2D program, tiles by tiles and masks by masks... hmmm is long work for an island 37 km x 37 km

Edited by Davide

To make this work you'll have to save both decal and mesh nodes used for the spline with a height offset. As a result spline will be placed above the earth:

image.png

Here you can see a quick take on this approach. I shifted the road on Z axis for 15 units in the node, did the same for the decal and configured material mask. The square area on the grass is cut out by a decal.

51 minutes ago, Davide said:

So I think the real solution is to remove the zone in the mask manually in 2D program, tiles by tiles and masks by masks... hmmm is long work for an island 37 km x 37 km

Yes, this will give you the best result in terms of visual quality and performance.

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: