[SOLVED] ReduceMesh - MeshViewer - Resource Editor

photo

Hi all, 

I am pretty new to Unigine. What led me to Unigine is a feature I saw described elsewhere. It's called ReduceMesh and it is supposed to be able to get rid of all the internal mesh of a 3D object and present you with just the outer visible parts of the mesh. I am not sure if this is really a boolean operation and needs a watertight mesh. But from the description of how it works, it just culls the parts of mesh that are not visible to the outside. 

https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/1.0/tools/resourceeditor/meshviewer/?rlang=cpp#reduce_mesh

The problem is, it seems like part of an older standalone tool set called Resource Editor and I read somewhere that Resource Editor is now obsolete. My question is whether ReduceMeshit is still available as a new tool within Unigine or whether Resource Editor is still downloadable elsewhere.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by pookuk
5 hours ago, silent said:

pookuk

This tool is no longer in active development. Right now I guess you can do the same operations easily with any DCC tool (like Blender, Maya and so on).

There is no analogue of the ReduceMesh is available in current Editor or tools.

Thanks!

Thank you for the reply. Will see if there is anything similar on Blender, Maya etc. I knew there are some, but thought this might be more advanced somehow.

• silent changed the title to [SOLVED] ReduceMesh - MeshViewer - Resource Editor