config_save output

photo

Hello,

I am trying to detect why we have some overall visual differences between current and previous Unigine versions.

One thing that I've tried is to call config_save from both versions and compare. Unfortunately many of the render settings are not inside the produced files. For example our world file is test.world (see attached), where render_bloom_passes is 7, but calling config_save test.cfg will not contain this. Other items like render_bloom and render_bloom_scale are present though.

Any reason why some of these settings are not in config file? Is there any other better way to get a view of all the engine settings between two version?

Kind Regards,

Adrian L.

test.world test.cfg

Hello,

We are not using any render presents from what I know. But my original questions remain:

- why config_save called from engine console doesn't write all settings, changed or not?

- is there a better way (than config_save) to compare all settings?

Many thanks!

It looks like it's a bug in 2.11 and previous versions which allows to dump some render_* commands into the config file. That doesn't make any sense because these rendering settings are never being loaded from the config (all the settings are being loaded from .world file).

The only way to find which rendering settings are different is to compare .world files. Other settings you can find in configs. If you have the same settings, but different visuals - it means that you need to manually adjust some settings to get the desired results (there were a lot of BRDF changes and overall shading improvements that can look differently).

Starting with 2.12 SDK there is no more render_* settings are stored inside engine configs and you can't save them via config_save command.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads: