Landscape Problem

photo

Hello

I am newbie for UNIGINE Engine.I am not sure about its bug or my mistake. I wanted to try Landscape tool but graphics looks like glitching while using that tool. Creates random holes and positions get changed random while using height paint. I tried different values for opacity and height but same result sometimes landscape gets invisible while using landscape tool.

I recorded a video : https://streamable.com/qqyjaf

I am using Debian 10 x64

11 hours ago, rdhb.rdhb said:

Hello

I am newbie for UNIGINE Engine.I am not sure about its bug or my mistake. I wanted to try Landscape tool but graphics looks like glitching while using that tool. Creates random holes and positions get changed random while using height paint. I tried different values for opacity and height but same result sometimes landscape gets invisible while using landscape tool.

I recorded a video : https://streamable.com/qqyjaf

I am using Debian 10 x64

Hello!

We need more information on this: OS, CPU/GPU, Driver version, steps to reproduce and the heightmap if possible. I guess you are on AMD with MESA driver?
As well as AMDGPU-PRO driver wouldn't help much since AMD + OpenGL bundle not recommended for working with Landscape Terrain

• Like 1

Yes you are right i am on AMD with MESA driver

CPU/GPU : Ryzen 3700X and RX 570

i also made an experiment with Linux Mint 20 with MESA 20.1.4 (kisak ppa) version but unfortunately still got same glitches

rdhb.rdhb

Unfortunately, AMD driver (either proprietary or Mesa) is not capable of proper OpenGL multi-threading resources streaming, so it's currently not possible to get correct Landscape Terrain brushes behavior.

The situation may change with Vulkan implementation. Alternatively, you can try to use dxvk and run UNIGINE for Windows in Wine (but Windows is required for that).

Thanks!

• Like 1

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

• 2 years later...

You can fix this bug with AMDGPU PRO drivers and run command via progl ./browser.run (tested on Arch Linux ,AMD Ryzen 2700X ,RX6750XT ) But there are performance issues
P.S.Further tests showed that even if you can work with terrein in the editor, the terrain still does not work in the assembled project

Edited by ConfidentOwl