Demos

photo

Are the Earthworks from 2.12 and the Mars demo from 2.11 available to download somewhere / via the Unigine Sdk Browser ? 
I am unable to find them,

Regards,

On 8/2/2020 at 4:01 AM, silent said:

Earthworks is not available in Community edition (Sim only)

Interested to know

- the loading of materials does have any effect on the vehicle dynamics?

- the effect on the terrain related to the unloading it's calculated based on the volume of the material?

1 hour ago, davide445 said:

Interested to know

- the loading of materials does have any effect on the vehicle dynamics?

- the effect on the terrain related to the unloading it's calculated based on the volume of the material?

Hello!

1) Loading of materials does not have an effect on the vehicle dynamics for now, but it is totally doable. We'll consider it for future improvements, thank you.

2) Yes, dimensions of the pile depend on the volume of the material in a bucket.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi, I am new to Unigine. Is there a section with known issues of Demos anywhere or something similar?

I just downloaded the latest Unigine version and the Mars demo. But there are some problems.

It seems to load fine in the editor as can be seen below.

When I run it from the SDK browser, it starts the game, but the rover falls through the floor or there is no floor.

I cannot run it from the editor directly apparently (why?). When I start the physics there, the rover body lands on the ground while the wheels stay in place. I guess, that's because the joints are set up via script.

I also tried to make a build. It completes without problems, I think, but it won't start up. Does it write a log file anywhere? I didn't see anything.

image.thumb.png.556b728bb7aeabb769327b8352ba45e8.png

via "Run" in browser:

image.thumb.png.34a8319cd308215bbc5cc4a327a77f8a.png

Edited by ashtorak

@ashtorakHello!

It appears that the problem may be related to a specific GAPI that you manually set in the SDK Browser. If you selected DirectX12 or Vulkan then this behavior is expected because not all objects, including ObjectLandscapeTerrain are supported in this release.

To confirm this you can open the "Global Options" window in the SDK Browser as shown below.

Thank you!

image.png

• Thanks 1

That was indeed the case. I have switched it to DirectX11. There is now a surface where the rover lands on after falling for a few seconds and I can drive around. Great! Thank you!

But I still cannot run it from the editor and the build is not starting up either. It shows the loading screen for a few seconds and then closes down without any message.

5 minutes ago, ashtorak said:

That was indeed the case. I have switched it to DirectX11. There is now a surface where the rover lands on after falling for a few seconds and I can drive around. Great! Thank you!

But I still cannot run it from the editor and the build is not starting up either. It shows the loading screen for a few seconds and then closes down without any message.

Both new API's are not supported for using with editor yet. We have expected to get it ready with following 2.17 SDK release soon.

Moreover, this kind of demo which is C++ project could not be run straight from the editor at the moment, such a feature is only available for C# API projects now.

Speaking of making Mars build through the editor it's need to be adjusted a bit first to make it works as expected. Please see image attached.

You need to manually add line same way as it shown on the image below.

Thanks!

addline.png

• Thanks 1