Real Time Dynamic GI?

photo

Just wondering what options are available now or the near future for Dynamic GI. I am not talking about local Indirect, I am talking multibounce global illumination so we can achieve Day/Night Cycles.

As I understand the Voxel Probe baking is Static and we cannot move or update the Sun direction after baking. 

Hi,

As you alredy mentioned, voxels can't be used for dynamic lighting. If you want to change sun/moon position in real time I suggest using SSAO and SSRTGI. More can be found in our tutorials on lights:

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

14 hours ago, morbid said:

Hi,

As you alredy mentioned, voxels can't be used for dynamic lighting. If you want to change sun/moon position in real time I suggest using SSAO and SSRTGI. More can be found in our tutorials on lights:

Thanks.

Thanks, so currently there is no Dynamic GI option with Unigine. SSRTGI is very local. Are you looking at DXR support at all.  

nVidia also announced the availability of the new RTXGI SDK  https://news.developer.nvidia.com/announcing-nvidia-rtxgi-sdk/  This will be an incredible addition to Unigine!