Option to save native formats in different directory upon import

photo

I see that in 2.12 there is an update to the file system so maybe something similar is already planned...

After reading the differences between native and imported files  here what we would like to do is in fact have all native assets saved within the vehicle subfolder

so we will have a structure like this

Vehicle\ (with .prop files)

Vehicle\meshes (with .mesh files)

Vehicle\Textures (with .dds files)

Vehicle\Materials (with .mat files)

the only way we found to do this is manually,  copying each native file in the vehicle directory and renaming it...

a nice option would be able to set this option in the import window where "save to cache" works as it does now and by unflagging it it saves in the same directory with the same name.

thanks

Fred

Yes, let me explain a little, we plan to have a large number of assets in our project and might need to merge projects and such so after reading this on documentation

https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.11/editor2/assets_workflow/assets_organize?rlang=cs

we plan on having a directory based system so

Vehicles/helicopters/BellHelicopter/

within this directory

.prop file (s)

- mesh file(s)

/Textures with .dds files 

/Materials with .mat files

In order to do so with current workflow we need to:

1. find each imported asset in browser

2. rightclick open source in explorer

3. copy the binary asset to our folder (i.e. .dds or .mesh) and rename it in readable form (usually the original asset name so fuselage.fbx becomes fuselage.mesh, albedo.png becomes albedo.dds.

4. create a node file based on those moved assets...

if we had the option to save locally with original names this would save on steps 1,2,3 and also be more in line with the recommended organization of assets above. Maybe there's a different way to achieve this but could not find it.

thanks

Fred

Hi,

this option will be good for me too.

Because i using only Unigine format files only and for now i write simple script to extract files from runtime and rename it for my use.

Thanks

Honya