FBX Keyframe Animation

photo

hello 

i import a fbx file to asset browser,the animation dont import from the file.

I followed the video instructions(Importing 3D Models) exactly.

the fbx file is very simple,just a box rotating.

import.png

imported.png

add_to_editor.png

capture.png

On 6/8/2020 at 4:01 PM, morbid said:

From your screenshot it looks like you've selected the parent Node Dummy. Please expand the hierarchy and select mesh node.

image.png

Hi,I have the same question.I use the Community Free..2012968313_Y_SGNTT6QJKH54SSH6G.thumb.png.5ce0b348d66cf3c817031909617e2471.png

On 6/10/2020 at 11:40 AM, morbid said:

Hi @biglong,

We moved all object-specific parameters to the main tab. The video shows old UI. According to your screenshot this cube has no animations and was imported as MeshStatic. If you're sure it has animation try to restore default import settings.

image.png

thank you very much!I will try again.

And the animation is inside the fbx, try double click on the .fbx file

if you have an animation inside, just create a skinned mesh and use your mesh

if you don't have animation in the fbx file you probably don't exported the animation

Edited by samuel.bruner
1 minute ago, samuel.bruner said:

Double click on the .fbx file?I can't understand yet.Maybe i can use the export plugin for maya export and unigine import.I will get a maya2012 later.

8 minutes ago, samuel.bruner said:

if you have an animation inside, just create a skinned mesh and use your mesh

if you don't have animation in the fbx file you probably don't exported the animation

Thanks a lot.I will try.

Maybe this trick will help here.

I used that 10 years ago in a different Engine. Animation as skinned object is not necessarily a limitation ;).

You could try the following:

Instead of animating your actual object, you animate a bone which is skinned to a simple object (I guess one skinned vertex could be enough), I used just a box.

This functions as a dummy object  in your cct. (maya?) 

The bone can have all the transforms you need (although I never did try scaling). 

Export the animation and your skinned dummy (box).

In Unigine, you can expose the skinned bones and access it via the World Transform Bone. 

Create this via:

Create>Mesh>Skinned Bone

Set this bone as a child of you skinned mesh and select the matching bone of the skinned mesh (parent).

Now you can attach your actual object (static mesh) which you wanted to be animated.

I used this method for complex simulated animations of a Truck with a trailer and hirachrical bones.

It does not really influence you workflow as you can animated any object in cct.

Afterwards attach a bone, skin it and export the animations. Maybe, depending on your scene and export options you might bake the animations in maya onto the actual bone (but I guess you know how to do this in Maya, not my special field .. ;).

I did that from 3dsMax. But this Method should be universal, as it does not utilize any special cct features, so it should be possible from out any content creation tool.

Let me know if that helps.

Best.w.

Edited by werner.poetzelberger
  • Thanks 1