Hi

I found an error importing FBX.
To reproduce the error:
- select foxhole demo in SDK browser and create project
- delete the .cache_textures and .runtimes directories in the created project
- delete .cache files
- run launch_editor.bat

the result is an error:

D: /test/foxhole/data/props/vegetation/small_plant/small_plant.FBX: import finished in 129.824000 ms
D: /test/foxhole/data/gui/new_gui/test_tooltip_line.FBX (14.4KB): import started ...
D: /test/foxhole/data/gui/new_gui/test_tooltip_line.FBX: import finished in 25.269000 ms
D: /test/foxhole/data/props/vegetation/bearberry/fbx/bearberry.FBX (48.9KB): import started ...
Assertion failed: index <length && index> = 0 && "String :: get (): bad index", file D: \ BA \ work \ 76df3f2b57c5d2d5 \ include \ UnigineString.h, line 70

best regards Aargh

Hello Aargh,

We checked this case multiple times with SDK 2.11.0.2 and SDK Browser 1.9.25. Everything worked as expected.

Could you please confirm that this error appears every launch?

And I need the following information:

• Full log file
  • Screenshot with project settings from the SDK Browser (Other actions -> Configure Project)
  • Attach data/props/vegetation/bearberry/fbx/bearberry.FBX.META file, just in case

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

Hi Morbid

Yes error appears every launch, but FBX is always different, the assert is not in the log but only in the console.

I'm sending log files from two launches. I did not change the project settings.

Tested on multiple computers. If I run the editor in the release version, the problem will not appear.
sdk browser 1.9.25 build 8603 SDK 2.11.0.2

aargh

obrazek.png.e3f4565e7074b06e88b487f46a1807ad.png

log.html log_0.html bearberry.FBX.meta

Hi Aarhg,

Here are my observations:

• Crash can reproduced when you're generating runtimes with debug editor build
  • When switching back to release crash is no longer present
  • Returning to the debug version after runtimes were generated causes no crash

May I ask you to check this? We actually reproduced this only with one machine.

Thanks.

How to submit a good bug report
---
FTP server for test scenes and user uploads:

morbid: the observations is right, after generate runtimes in release editor, then it stop crash in debug editor.

I have same problem with it.

Edited by honya
56 minutes ago, morbid said:

Is this a suitable workaround for you?

We found some CPU dependencies for this case, so it might take time to fix and check everything again.

Thanks.

Sure, this is nothing critical, but it is good to know about this.

Hi Morbid

Workaround is OK for me.

aargh