[SOLVED] Tracker cannot animate float property parameters (2.11.0.1)

photo

Hello,

I fear the removal of the index based property parameter access in 2.11 is causing some issues for the tracker.

At least animating float parameters doesn't work anymore.

Reproducing that issue is easy, inherit from the following property and animate the myFloat parameter in the Tracker.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<property version="2.7.3.0" name="custom_prop" manual="1">
	<parameter name="myFloat" type="float">0.5</parameter>
</property>

its not changing and spills out a lot of error messages in the console.

Thank you for looking at this

Helmut

Hey Morbid,

we have finished a big project, ported that to the 2.11 because of 2 reasons, DOF banding issue, Border plugin for screenspace refl.

Tracker is a very essential part of our projects and we need it to finish it.

So, yes, this is blocking us from finishing the project in 2.11. As long as this is not working, we cant contiue, but we can stay with 2.10 and wait for an update or switch to 2.12.

Let me know, what you plan, so we can react.

Thanks! Best.

Edited by werner.poetzelberger
  • silent changed the title to [SOLVED] Tracker cannot animate float property parameters (2.11.0.1)

Hello Morbid,

technically the fix is working, but unfortunately it has a memory leak :-(
It might be less disturbing when you use the tracker only in the editor, but we have integrated the tracker in our applications, as described for instance in:
https://developer.unigine.com/en/docs/2.6/code/uniginescript/scripts/systems/unigine_tracker/run?rlang=cpp
We mainly use it for animating stuff depending on the camera position (we typically have fixed camera paths) and for animating daytime dependent things.

I believe the memory leak already shows up when you are animating only a single property parameter, but only very slowly. Therefore I have attached a property which has 20 parameters and a corresponding track file.
With 180fps I get around 1 MB/second.

Thank you for looking at it

Helmuttest_leak.track

custom_prop_0.prop custom_prop_0.prop.meta custom_prop_parent.prop custom_prop_parent.prop.meta

• morbid changed the title to Tracker cannot animate float property parameters (2.11.0.1)
  • morbid changed the title to [SOLVED] Tracker cannot animate float property parameters (2.11.0.1)